Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

second trip to Publix 12/13

Sorry there is no picture for this shopping trip. My camera didn't want to work! Maybe Santa will bring me a new one :)
Yesterday I didn't have much going on so I decided to go back to Publix to pick up some more chicken and a few other things that I needed.
I found the Noche Buena coupon booklet, there was a big stand up display of them when I walked in! I was able to use two coupons out of it on this trip.
Here is what I purchased:
No coupons used for hot dog buns, yo plus yogurt and yellow onions
1 Angel soft toilet tissue 12 rolls on sale for $5.49, used $1.50 mq from NB booklet = $3.99
1- 3M command hooks $3.39, used $1.50mq from winter family savings booklet = $1.89 (I use these to hang our stockings from our fireplace mantel)
2- 4way Nasal spray $3.99 ea, used $5/2  pq and 2 $1.00 mq = $1.02 Money Maker
1- Swiss Miss cocoa $1.99, used $1.00 Pq & $1.99 IP (both were when you purchased reddi wip) = free
1- Reddi Wip topping $2.39, used .50cent IP & $1.00 pq = .89 cents ( I didn't realize until just now that I got the smaller can of Reddi wip, the coupon says 14 oz. and I purchased 7 oz.). I had a cup of cocoa & whipped topping for breakfast, it was so tasty! I am glad I saved a few coupons for next week when the cocoa goes on bogo sale.
1 - Breakstone sour cream $1.50 used .55 mq = .95. Goes on sale next week. I need to stock up!
2- Vanity fair napkins bogo, used $1.00/2 mq from the NB booklet = .65 each. I also picked up a rain check for the 100 count napkins and grabbed another Noche Buena booklet on my way out, so I will be able to save on napkins again next week if they are in stock.
4- small packs of boneless chicken breast  on sale for $1.99 lb, no coupons = $15.42
2- Emerald whole cashews $5.79 ea, used bogo raincheck & 2 $1.00 mq = $1.90
2 - 7-UP 2 liters .99 ea, used 2 $2.00 off pq ( all the trimmings booklet) when you buy the cashews = $2.02 Money Maker. I really saved by getting the raincheck since I didn't have any of the extra coupons at the time. My only mistake was that the raincheck was for 2 deals, 4 cashews, and I only bought 2. I even had the extra 7 up coupons. I hate when I do that! These cashews are my husbands favorite too!
Overall I saved $45.54 and spent $31.55 or 59%. If you don't count the items that I didn't have coupons for it would have been 91%!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment